Join local artist Tatiana Makovkin to learn how to use natural materials that you already have around the house to dye beautiful eggs you can keep.
This is the first in a series of art-making workshops offered by Alter Arts Society, your local community arts hub.
Sign up here: https://www.facebook.com/events/473136793869096
The cost of the workshop is $6.99. Please contact us at email@example.com if cost is a barrier for you, as we do have some subsidized spaces available. Please reach out if you would like to purchase an extra space for a community member in need. No experience necessary, everyone is welcome!
You will need:
- Eggs (blown or raw), white eggs work best
- Onion or shallot skins (yellow or red onions or shallots work best)
- A 6" x 6" square of thin fabric, cheesecloth or paper towel for each egg
- yarn, twine or elastic bands
- vinegar (any kind will do)
- small leaves or flowers collected just before you begin (clover works great)
If you don't have the materials required for this project on hand, you can purchase a kit for $5, and pick it up in Quadra Village, or have it delivered by e-bike within our service area for an additional $5.